Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Should I keep my piano tutor?

I taught myself piano onto grade four, so my parents decided I should get a teacher. I have had my teacher since September, and I really haven't improved at all. With my teacher, there is really no motive or anything making me want to practise. I am made to do songs I hate, and I just don't like being forced to do things. Before I got my teacher, I used to practise loads every night, bar by bar until I got the song perfect. I used to practise scales and everything. Before I used to spend hours on the internet and in shops looking for sheet music that I really liked (most of it was Danny Elfman and Stephen Sondheim) but now she is making me do Beethoven and Mozart and all that. I realise that it is good to play a range of music, not just one, but it is still annoying. Do you think I should give up lessons?

No comments:

Post a Comment